Larger systems are custom designed for villages and small cities' applications reaching the multi-hundred thousands cubic meters per day capacities.
The above specifications are based on the following:
- U.S. Corps of Engineers and the United States EPA Guidelines for Extended Aeration Systems.
- Peak Flow at 3 times the average flow.
- Raw sewage from human waste (For industrial waste streams, please ask about EBD industrial wastewater treatment systems).
- Raw sewage parameters of 240 ppm BOD and 300 ppm S.S. (BOD up to 400 ppm and SS of 500 ppm can be treated with certain system modification).
- Twenty Four (24) hours retention time in the aeration tank [ Design ranges from 18 to 36 hours based on BOD levels].
- Two streams operation to provide flexibility, handling low flows and improving efficiencies.
- Gravity clarifiers with 1.5 m³/m²/hr rise rate [Design ranges from 1.0 to 1.8 m³/m²/hr] and 4 hours retention time [Design ranges from 3 to 4.5 hours].
- Aerated Sludge digestion tank for 15 days retention time.
- Chlorine contact tank for 45 minutes retention [design ranges from 30 to 90 minutes].
Electric characteristics: 230/460 V, 3 PH, 60 HZ as standard [380 V, 3 PH, 50 HZ available].
Below ground or above ground installation is possible. Welded steel packages are provided with magnesium anodes for cathodic protection.